[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” width=”81.4%”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” _builder_version=”4.9.3″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” hover_enabled=”0″ sticky_enabled=”0″]
Developed by the VideoLAN Project, the term VLC stands for VideoLAN Client. It is not only an editor but can also a streaming service. The VLC video editor is a free open source software that is cross-platform and is even available on specific digital distribution platforms such as the Apple’s App Store, Google Play, and Microsoft Store. Listed are some of its remarkable features and how to use them to perform certain operations.
Part 1: Editing features possible in VLC
1. Fast, Powerful, and Simple: VLC editor is free software that plays most codecs with no codec pack needed. It can even play anything from files, discs, and webcams. Another powerful yet straightforward function is that it contains no ads, no spyware, and no user tracking.
2. Customize Using: You can add skins or create skins with the VLC Skin Editor. You can also install extensions or Plugins to view videos embedded on websites easily.
3. Crop and Cut: Use the VLC editor to crop videos from top to bottom and from left to right. You can also cut a video by recording a specific range of a clip.
4. Image Effect and Colors: Easily adjust the brightness, contrast, gamma, hue, or saturation. Other supported functions include banding removal, film grain, and sharpening. When it comes to colors, you can perform color extraction, color threshold. Also, easily negate colors, gradient, posterize, and sepia.
5. Rotate and Overlay: Perform functions such as interactive zoom. VLC turn video 90 degrees, 180 0r 270 degrees. You can flip videos horizontally or vertically. Perform other functions such as transpose and anti-transpose. You can also insert overlays by adding logos or text.
6. Play all formats: The VLC video editor can play almost all types of formats available from audio to video and even file formats. It can even be useful for advanced file formats such as Input Media, Input Formats, and even other miscellaneous formats.
7. Fast – Hardware Decoding: The VLC editor has fast hardware decoding on most platforms. It supports 0-Copy on the GPU and can even fall back on software when required.
8. Advanced Features: Besides VLC invert video or any of the other functions mentioned, there are also some advanced VLC operations such as anti-flickering, anaglyph 3D, clone, denoiser, mirror, motion blur, spatial blur, wave and water effect.
Part 2: How to edit videos with VLC?
Trim/crop/merge videos in VLC
Before you start any editing operations, you will first need to import the video to the VLC video editor. Open VLC media player. On the “Menu Bar,” click on Media. Then click Open File. Select the desired clip(s) and click Open. To start any editing, you will first have to turn on Advanced Controls under View in the menu bar.
Step 1: Drag the playing slider bar to the point where you want to trim the video from.
Step 2: Click on the Record button, then click on Play to start recording or trimming a video
Step 3: Click on the Record button once again to stop recording.
Step 4: Finally, check the trimmed video in the “Video Library” or in the “My Documents” folder.
This is the process of how to apply VLC shorten video. Besides, if you are running VLC on Mac, the procedure may be different.
Crop Videos in VLC
Step 1. Start by clicking on Video in the Menu Bar. Then move down to “Crop.”
Step 2. Select a specific Aspect Ratio, and the video will get cropped for playback in the selected Aspect Ratio.
Merge Videos in VLC
Note: While VLC supports many different file formats, you can only VLC concatenate videos or merge videos in the same format.
Step 1: On the primary page of the VLC media player, click on the Media Tab. Now, from the drop-down menu, select Open Multiple Files.
Step 2: A pop-up window appears, and here, click on the File Tab. Then click on +Add to load the videos to be merged. You also have the option to add multiple files.
Step 3: Open the drop-down menu under “Play” and select Convert.
Step 4: A new convert window will pop-up, prompting the merged files’ save destination. Click Start to VLC join videos.
Rotate/flip videos in VLC
There other functions that the VLC video editor perform. You can perform VLC turn video by rotating, flipping, or transposing, as looked at in detail below.
Step 1: On the media player, go to “Tools” and select Effects and Filters.
Step 2: Now, under the “Adjustments and Effects” window, click on the Video Effects tab.
Step 3: Now, under “Adjustments and Effects” and within the “Video Effects” tab, click on the Geometry tab.
Step 4: Under the “Interactive Zoom” option and within the “Transform” and “Rotate” options, you will find the following operations: Choose an option to proceed.
Thus, you can do VLC video upside down by using the rotating or flipping options or even perform VLC turn video 90 degrees and save. Depending on what you want to do, all these operations will get support. In short, the VLC upside-down rotating, flipping, or transposing options rectify a video recorded in a wrong way or angle or simply flipping up a portrait video for an entire widescreen area.