The Notes app on your phone may be the most underutilized and underappreciated. Some notes applications have even progressed beyond a basic text-based input and now include a variety of interesting features such as lists, pictures, tables, and drawings!
Because your notes are likely to include a wealth of critical information, it is critical that you transfer them when switching from an iPhone to an Android phone.
The issue is that there is no method to move notes straight from the default iPhone Notes app to the default Android Notes app… There are, however, a few workarounds that allow you to view your iPhone notes on your new Android smartphone. Let us examine the most effective methods for doing this:
Part 1: 5 Free Methods to Transfer Notes from iPhone to Android
1. Using Gmail
Given that the most of us are presumably Google users, this is probably the simplest method for transferring iPhone Notes from old and new phones. Google Sync enables you to sync your iPhone with Gmail. Once a functioning connection is established, you’ll be able to sync your iPhone’s notes, calendars, and contacts with your Gmail account.
If you’re unsure how to transfer iPhone notes to Android through Gmail, the procedures are as follows:
Step 1. Navigate to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account on your iPhone. Google should be tapped.
Step 2. Enter the system’s needed information – name, complete email address, password, and description. Ascertain that Notes sync is enabled.
Once setup, your iPhone notes should be immediately moved to your Gmail account’s Notes folder. Once you’ve configured your Google or Gmail account on your new Android device, you should be able to view them immediately in the Gmail app.
2. Using Outlook
You may begin sending your notes if you do not have a Gmail account but do have an Outlook account. However, this is problematic if you have a large number of them on your iPhone.
Apart from manually sending your iPhone notes from your email account, you will be able to sync your iPhone notes with your Outlook account through Apple iTunes. How to do so is as follows:
- Using a USB cord, connect your iPhone to your computer. On your PC, launch iTunes.
- In the Summary Panel of iTunes, select Info. Select Sync notes with… from the drop-down menu.
- Click Sync to begin the process of synchronizing your iPhone notes with Outlook. The synchronization time varies according to the number of notes on your iPhone.
- Configure your Outlook account on your Android phone. Once the procedure is complete, you may locate the notes in your Outlook application’s Reminders folder.
Note: If you are unable to locate your notes on your Android phone, you may download them from your Outlook account to your computer. Once the download is complete, you may use a USB connection or SD card to transfer the notes to your Android computer.
3. Via iCloud
iCloud is arguably the most secure way to sync your notes across devices and platforms. The allure of cloud storage is its portability across devices and platforms. Its accessibility also means that you may do the transfer anywhere and at any time – if you are unsure about performing the transfer alone, you can always ask a trustworthy friend to assist you.
While iCloud may assist with the transfer of your notes, there is currently no direct method to save them directly to your Android smartphone. How to Transfer iPhone Notes to Android Using iCloud:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud and ensure that iCloud sync with Notes is enabled.
- Select Storage & Backup > Backup Now to begin backing up your iPhone or iPad’s Notes.
- Log into your iCloud account on your computer. You’ll be able to access the notes you synced with your iPhone. To transfer it to your Android phone, send yourself an email with the notes you desire and download them directly to your smartphone.
This is an excellent method to not only move notes from iPhone to Android, but also to ensure that you back them up in case you need to recover them in the future.
4. Emailing Your Note
One of the easiest ways is to use your iPhone’s Sharing through Mail feature. Certain notes will not sync between your two phones. As a result, this is a great choice.
- Navigate to your iPhone’s home screen and launch the iOS Notes app.
- Select the notes you wish to transfer to your Android device.
- Look for the Share icon in the top right corner of your screen. Select Mail from the toolbox. This will open a new email window. Your remarks will be shown in the content section.
- Enter your primary email account in the To box. In the Subject box, type the title of your choosing.
- Locate and press the Send icon. Your iPhone’s notes will be forwarded to your email account.
- Navigate to your primary email account on your Android device. This is accessible in the native Email app on your device. Your new message will include all of your notes.
5. Using Google Keep
Google Keep is a note-taking application created by Google that is accessible on both the Google Play and Apple App Stores. All you need to do is download the app on your iPhone or Android device. Simply follow the instructions outlined below.
- Install Google Keep on your iPhone through the App Store. Navigate to the original Notes application. Select the note you want to send to Android.
- From the top right corner of the screen, click the Share button. Select Google Keep as the method for sharing the note. Rep this step if you’re transferring more than one note.
- Install Google Keep on your Android device through Google Play. From the app, enable sync on both phones. In the app, locate the notice at the top of the screen telling you that the sync has been disabled. To activate the sync, tap.
Part 2: 2 Easy and Powerful Methods to Transfer Notes from iPhone to Android
MobileTrans – Phone Transfer is an excellent solution for people who want to transfer data across various smartphone operating systems. It seamlessly integrates with Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Google, HUAWEI, Motorola, and ZTE smartphones and tablets, among others. To learn more about MobileTrans – Phone Transfer’s specific features, please tick the box below:
Step 1: Open MobileTrans and go to the “Phone Transfer” section.
Connect your Android phone and iPhone to your PC with MobileTrans. In the following box, choose the “Phone Transfer” mode. You may use the “Flip” button to move your phones around and ensure that the Android phone is in the target position.
Step 2: Determine the contents of the transfer
Pick the contents box you want to transfer; for example, if you need to transfer iPhone notes to Android, just select “Notes.” Then select “Start” to begin the data transfer procedure from iPhone to Android phone.
Step 3: Sync iPhone Notes with Android
Following that, the application will take a few moments to transfer notes from iPhone to Android.
TouchCopy enables you to access and copy all of the information on your iPhone to your computer, including Notes, Messages, Photos, and Contacts.
How to use TouchCopy to transfer notes from an iPhone to an Android device:
- Download and install TouchCopy on your PC or Mac.
- Using your USB cord, connect your iPhone.
- Select Notes.
- Select all of the notes you want to copy and then click “Copy Notes”.
- Once your notes have been transferred, you may exit TouchCopy and connect your Android smartphone to your PC through the USB cable*. If a pop-up appears on your Android smartphone when you connect it to your computer, you may need to choose “File Transfer.
- Once connected, locate the duplicated notes files on your computer by selecting them all and right-clicking and copying.
- Finally, using File Explorer (PC) or Android File Transfer (Mac), go to your connected Android device and paste your copied notes into the appropriate place on your Android.