[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.9.3″ _module_preset=”default” custom_padding=”0px|||||”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.9.3″ _module_preset=”default” width=”100%” hover_enabled=”0″ sticky_enabled=”0″ custom_padding=”0px|||||”][et_pb_column _builder_version=”4.9.3″ _module_preset=”default” type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.9.3″ _module_preset=”default” hover_enabled=”0″ sticky_enabled=”0″]
Inshot is one of the most popular video editing tools among smartphone users. But what is its stand when it comes to big screens. Yes, you could utilize Inshot on a PC employing an emulator. Of course, in this guide, you will learn how to do that. But before that, you will find out whether Inshot for PC is worth your time and effort. You will also discover the five best alternatives to Inshot for PC that you could consider instead of Inshot for PC, in case you do not like what Inshot has to offer. Scroll down to find out about Inshot for PC.
Part 1: Full Inshot for PC Video Editor Review
Prominent among the small screen users, Inshot could also be used on PC. Yes, but download an emulator for the application to run smoothly. Besides, the PC version entails the same features on the android and iOS apps. You will find all the functions like cutting, splitting, trimming, merging of the video clips. To it all, you can access sophisticated features like a fully-functioning timeline too.
- Basic video editing functions: Trim, cut, merge, crop, split, combine, and compress the video clips. You could also adjust the aspect ratio, tweak the speed, reverse the clip, rewind the clip, or create a slideshow. Plus, you will also find a slow-motion option.
- Advanced video editing options: add keyframes to texts, stickers, and Picture-in-Picture. You could also add photos, videos, and other layers above the clip and make a video collage. There are also sophisticated toggles like the Chroma key (green screen), mask, mix, color picker, and more.
- Music and audio options: you will find a dedicated audio editor capable of performing tasks like extracting audio from a video, adding voice-over, adjusting music volumes, and more.
- Subtitles, texts, backgrounds, and overlays options: of course, there are also features for adding texts and subtitles to the videos. The royalty-free library contains a large sum of stickers, animated characters, images, and more. There are also ready-made canvas and backgrounds depending on the platform or use. For instance, you will find a dedicated background for using on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, office presentations, and more.
Pros of Inshot for PC:
- The application is packed with all the basic as well as advanced video editing features, so expect the application to perform all you must do.
- The software interface is very clean and easy to use. Yes, things could get complicated when it comes to using it on the computer, but you could figure it out easily and utilize the application to its full potential in no time.
- Social sharing options are present in the application — allowing you to share on multiple platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and more
- Intuitive features like linking the Author of the music or other content at the time of sharing to avoid copyrights
Cons of Inshot for PC:
- Free edition comes with lots of ads — making the video editing process troublesome and irritating
- All contents of the video are watermarked when utilizing the free version
How Does It Work?
To utilize the application, you will have to install it on your computer using an emulator like BlueStack or NoxPlayer. Here is how to use Inshot on PC and how to edit videos using it:
- Install NoxPlayer: visit the official page of Nox Player and download the application. Then, connect your google account to the tool and launch the google play store app
- Search for Inshot: Once you launch the Google play store app, type in “InShot Photo & Video Editor ” in the search bar and click download the .apk file.
- Install the application: double-click the software file to install the Inshot video editing application. Then agree to Terms and Conditions to complete the installation process
- Launch the application: You will have to open Nox Player to launch the Inshot application — but it is a one-time process.
- Also, you’ll have to download additional data linked with the application but from the next time — you could directly access the application.
Once opened, you could utilize the application like on mobile devices. As stated, the application is intended for mobile users, so it might be difficult to use at first. But with time and a little practice, you could use it well. Coming to the working — all the options remain like that of the mobile app — you could use them and do all the things to the video.
Pricing Plans of Inshot Photo & Video Editor
- US$ 3.99 per month
- US$ 14.99 for a year
- US$ 359.99 for a lifetime license
Brett T. — Owner, Retail, Self-employed, Used the software for: 2+ years
“I have used Inshot on my Android devices and it used to offer me all the features that I could ever use to edit my videos to satisfaction. But I needed an application for the computer and our marketing team decided to promote our clothing brand via social media platforms for which I had to create a lot of content. Thankfully, Inshot could also be used on PC using BlueStack. It was hard to handle at first, given I have used the application on touch screens. But when I switched to a touch computer, it became convenient for me.”
Tracy A. — Owner, Self-employed, Used the software for: 2+ years
“I have only one problem with Inshot and that is the timeline track which glitches sometimes. But aside from that, the app works like a charm. There are tons of filters and transition effects that give simple footage a charming look. We use the software to create videos for our cake company. And it helps me give a professional look to the videos. Definitely recommend it if you are looking for a simple video editor.”
Paul F. — Director, Writing and Editing, Self-employed, Used the software for: 2+ years
I use Inshot on my computer because I did not find any other simpler tool for Windows. Since I used the software on mobile extensively, I knew how to edit video using it. And installing it on the computer has been a blessing for me, given that everything is the same and it gives the same flexibility of creating professional-looking videos easily. Being on the touch-screen computer, I did not find any difficulty in navigating the application like the other users have mentioned here. Several times I must perform simple editing like cutting, trimming, and splitting, and Inshot helps me do that easily.”
Aurelio o. —Independiente, Fine Art, Self-employed, Used the software for: 6-12 months
“Being a professional video editor, I should not even go to Inshot. But the filters are great and help me save a lot of time instead of manually creating it. The application, as others have mentioned here, is not that great. No, you will not find tons of great options like advanced video editing tools like Final Cut Pro and Filmora. And that is what I like about this software. It helps me do the basic things with ease. I open Inshot just for fun when I must perform elementary editing. However, I do not recommend the application to beginners who want to learn video editing, as there is no learning curve here and that is a curse.”
Part 2: FAQs
Is Inshot a good video editor?
Inshot is the application that you use on mobile devices. If you have not already, simply remember that Inshot is considered one of the best video editing tools for the small screen. That statement alone is enough to categorize Inshot as one of the best applications for video editing. However, on PC — it could be a little difficult to handle.
Is Inshot for PC a free video editor?
No. While some of the functions remain free and you could also export videos, it comes with a watermark. So, you will need a paid subscription to fully use the software and remove the watermarks.
Part 3. Top 5 Alternatives to Inshot For PC
Not satisfied with what Inshot has to offer. Well, here are the five best alternatives to Inshot for PC. You could utilize any of them to receive all — or more — features than Inshot for PC:
1. Wondershare Filmora
If you are a video editor — you already know Filmora. Such is the reputation of the application. Packed with all basic and pro features — Wondershare’s Filmora gives you the best tools to transform typical-looking videos into professionally tuned clips. The interface of the software is simple, and anyone could utilize it without any difficulty.
- Create custom animations to elevate visual engagement.
- Level up your editing with intuitive object tracking that is accessible to everyone.
- Quickly fade your music so your dialogue stands out.
- Save time by applying color correction settings across multiple clips at once.
- In all, all basic and advanced video editing tools are available.
Pros of Filmora:
- Unlike Inshot video editor for PC, Filmora is made individually to be used on Windows machines. Of course, you will also find dedicated versions for Mac and mobile devices.
- Simplifies advanced video editing features to save your time and effort.
- Frequent upgrades and assimilation of new technology within the application.
Cons of Filmora:
- Compared to Inshot for PC — none.
- Overall — none.
- Yes, the subscription cost of Wondershare Filmora is more than Inshot but given the features it has — there is no other cost-effective option in the market.
2. Movavi Clips
Another video editing tool created for smartphone users, Movavi Clips can help you create engaging stories, given that the software has all major video editing options like Inshot for PC. The interface of the software makes it straightforward for even the newbies to edit the video clips. Plus, you will have access to a plethora of video editing features, like cropping, rotating, etc.
- The timeline of the video editor makes it simple for you to edit the video
- Cut, merge, split, and remove unwanted sections from the videos
- Adjust things like brightness and saturation of the videos with ease
- Multiple readymade transitions to be used inside the videos
- Apply automatic pan and zoom effects to create stylish slideshows
- Add your own logo to make your videos truly exclusive
Pros of Movavi Clips:
- A very clean interface makes the video editing process smooth and easy.
- All the basic options are present within the program for users to create professional-looking videos
Cons of Movavi Clips:
- You will need an emulator to run the application on a PC.
- The exported videos could sometimes turn out to be damaged and unwatchable — user reviews.
Earlier known as ViaMaker, Capcut, is also a considerable alternative for Inshot online video editors. However, do not expect the software to serve you with any advanced video editing options — the program has basic video editing options like — applying filters, transitions, changing background, and a timeline to control all the parts of the video with ease. In all, considerable — if you do not know anything about video editing nor wish to learn the advanced options.
- Access all the basic video editing features free.
- Timeline to edit any part of the video with ease
- Intuitive options like changing background, readymade filters, and transitions
Pros of CapCut:
- Simple-to-utilize interface
- Advanced filters and flawless beauty effects open a world of possibilities
Cons of CapCut:
- Advanced features are missing from the application, making it useless for the expert users — in fact, you could not even learn from the software and your knowledge of video editing will remain the same.
A highly rated and recommended application for smartphone users, Videoshop is another application that can help you create professional-looking videos with ease. The software is easy to handle. But like the Inshot video editor, you will have to utilize an emulator for the application to run.
- Trim: Cut out any unwanted moments.
- Add from your personal library or Videoshop’s stock library.
- There are numerous Sound effects to Choose from, like animal noises, farts, explosions, laughter, etc.
- Slow-motion (or fast motion): Adjust video speed to slow or fast.
- You can adjust Display and change Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, etc.
- Options like Merger, Splitter, Cutter to combine multiple clips into one, cut or split one video into many parts.
Pros of Videoshop:
- The application offers users all the needed tools to create fine-looking video clips
5. Nero Video
An advanced video editing tool, Nero Video offers multi-track video editing in HD, 4K, and 8K with countless templates and effects. You will find all basic as well as advanced options like Green Screen, PiP effects, and more. The user-interface of the application is simplistic and even the neophyte users could utilize it easily.
- Manage your videos and image files from other drives and store it into Nero MediaHome. You can also access files directly from cloud storage like OneDrive.
- Create professional looking video clips easily using the feature-rich program
- 1000+ readymade templates and effects
Pros of Nero Video:
- Lot of features, ensure that you could create fully featured video clips
- A simple and intuitive interface makes it easy for the users to utilize the platform easily, even beginners could understand it well and do the editing part.
Cons of Nero Video:
- Wondershare Filmora offers more features and has a much simpler interface, plus it is a cheaper alternative to Nero Video
Even though Inshot is made for mobile devices, there is a way to utilize the software on big screens. The options, the interface, and the function — all remain the same, even the pricing. Of course, being designed for mobile screens, it might get a little irksome to utilize it on a computer at first. But with time and practice that will not be an issue.
All in all, Inshot for Windows is a considerable tool. But if you need a fully featured video editing tool, then Wondershare Filmora is the way to go. Not only is it made specifically for computer screens, but it also contains tons of features that help you create professional-looking videos with ease.